Over the past two years many of us have readjusted our outlook and all we want is to get as much joy as possible out of our lives. The "simple pleasures" have become our most "important pleasures" and health a much-treasured possession. As we start to emerge out of winter towards spring, we hopefully, can soon put this pandemic behind us.
But once again and maybe for the last time...
"The same procedure as during the last two years".
The committee and I have decided to close the club year
1 June 2021- 31 December 2021 with the same simplified procedure we have used since 2020 and which has worked very well.
In lieu of an Annual General Meeting and as informed in our separate communication on February 3, 2022, we will, by separate email, send you the:
- President's report
- Treasurer's financial report and budget
- Auditor's report
- Explanation "Increase of the club fees in 2023"
- List of committee members and supporting members
The membership list will be sent by separate email when we have updated it with phone numbers and emails and we have received the outstanding membership fees.
I would like to finish this communication on a positive note even if it has become quite difficult to find encouraging words. I decided to copy out some quotes on encouragement and compassion.
- “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” — Mother Teresa
- “If you’re feeling helpless, help someone.” — Aung San Suu Kyi
- “One’s life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion.” — Simone De Beauvoir
- “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
- “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” — Mother Teresa
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” — Anne Frank
- “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Never throw out anyone.” — Audrey Hepburn
Very best wishes.
Anglo-Swiss Club Locarno