Dear Club members
Most of you know that I do love a good quote. Browsing through my personal collection I found the quote about "Laughing together" and it made me reflect on all the special moments we spent together during the many club events. Yes, we did laugh together and I am sure that this helped many of us get through some tough moments.
As my last President's report was written in May 2021 and we then decided that we would change the club and financial year to 1 January-31 December, which does make more sense, I have asked myself what should I report?
I thought about writing about the impact of the pandemic on our club and then I realized that, as a matter of fact, our club sailed through the last two years magnificently!
Browsing through our attendance book I realized that between 35 - 50 club members attended most of our events! Amazing!
- THANK YOU to all the committee members who dedicated their time to the Anglo-Swiss Club.
- THANK YOU to our treasurer, Anne Lipton, for her very accurate accounts and her excellent and detailed report!
- THANK YOU to our auditors Charles Weil and Felix Irniger.
- THANK YOU to Katy and Kurt for organizing the walks and outings, which enabled our club members to enjoy the company of other members and visit such interesting places and explore our beautiful country.
- THANK YOU to our secretary, Paula Merlini, for always being available. Paula sends out the newsletters and keeps our membership list up to date. Paula is always happy to answer any questions.
- THANK YOU to our registrar, Walter Isler, for his great work on the club's archive. All the documents are stored in our clubroom and open to all the members. Walter did a wonderful job and we are very gratefl!
- THANK YOU to Louise Bostock who created our Facebook page (please do take a look even if you are not a fan or a member of Facebook!) and who also took over from Tony Deyes as Lecture coordinator! We have already enjoyed one great lecture!
- THANK YOU to Sander who looks after our website and has continued to do this " free of charge" due to Corona because: "in his opinion" there was less work! We are very grateful and when he travels to Switzerland he will be invited to dinner!
- THANK YOU to our generous sponsors!
- THANK YOU to the club members who contacted us, and gave us their support.
- THANK YOU to the club members who have organized groups that meet regularly under the patronage of the Anglo-Swiss Club Locarno: The Book Club, The Italian Language group, The Roadrunners, the 5000 steps with Emi Ruggeri. If you are interested in joining one of these groups please do get in touch with Stefanie.
- THANK YOU last but not least to the couple that look after our clubroom and have kept it clean and sparkling during the last two years!
Always at your service!
President Anglo-Swiss Club Locarno
Activities June 2021- December 2021
8 June 2021 - 10000 steps with Stefanie
9 June 2021 - 5000 steps with Emi
July & August -no activities
2 September 2021 - Opening Dinner at Tre Terre, Ponte Brolla
4 September 2021 - Coffee Morning at the Hotel La Palma au Lac, Muralto
8 September 2021 - 5000 steps with Emi
9 September 2021 - Culture Club Outing with Kurt- Sasso San Gottardo
14 September 2021 - 10000 steps with Stefanie
23 September 2021 - Aperitif at the Hotel La Palma au Lac, Muralto
2 October 2021 - Coffee Morning at the Hotel La Palma au Lac, Muralto
6 October 2021 - 5000 steps with Emi
12 October 2021 - 10000 steps with Stefanie
21 October 2021 - Aperitif at the Hotel La Palma au Lac, Muralto
28 October 2021 - Culture Club Outing with Kurt- Raffaello - The Divine
29 October 2021 - Aperitif at the Casino Locarno - English Film Club
2 November 2021 - 5000 steps with Stefanie ( Emi was on holiday)
6 November 2021 - Coffee Morning at the Hotel La Palma au Lac, Muralto
9 November 2021 - 10000 steps with Stefanie
17 November 2021 - Walks with Talks with Katy - Lodano/Valle Maggia
18 November 2021 - Lecture organized by Louise Bostock - The Essence of Gender, Professor Vickie Pasterski
1 December 2021 - 5000 steps with Emi
5 December 2021 - Xmas Brunch at Al Tulipano Bianco, Locarno
17 December 2021 - Culture Club with Kurt - Grand Hotel Locarno